Business Acquisition CriteriaBryggen Group is actively seeking a privately held business or product line to acquire.
We desire a controlling interest (not a minority stake) and will assume leadership of the enterprise. We can be highly flexible in the acquisition structure, working to minimize taxes and/or continuing income.
We are only interested in US businesses, though product lines manufactured outside the US that can be supported by US operations would be considered.
- Concentrated ownership (family or single person)
- Ready for Retirement or ready to relinquish daily management
- Rapidly growing or stagnant growth with identifiable under-management
- No successor in place
- Success of the organization and its employees of paramount concern
- Desires wealth diversification
- $2 to $10 million of revenue
- $500K to $2 million of EBITDA
- 15%+ margins (EBITDA)
- 3 years of consistent cash flow
- Identifiable growth potential
- Specialty manufactured products
- Capital equipment
- Specialized repair components
- High margin (medical/aviation/etc.)
- Technology driven
- Specialty asset based business
- Durable medical equipment
- Testing systems
- Product or service growth should be “leveragable”
- Expandable market reach without new offices
- Untapped markets for existing product
- Business will not be
- Professional service business
- Food/hospitality service
- Low customer concentration with low turnover
- Identifiable expansion opportunities
- Tangible value proposition for customers
- Identifiable competitive advantages
Businesses not under consideration: Startups, turnarounds, minority equity or angel positions, non-US based businesses.